CALGARY - CAREERS
WALLACE & CAREY (www.wacl.com) is Canada’s largest independent distributor servicing customers coast to coast and every postal code in the Country. Family owned and operated since 1921 we have an “only as a team” approach to each day looking after our teammates needs allowing them to perform to their best.
Our commitment to each other is to work together in a positive and fair work environment, recognizing individual contributions to the achievement of our collective goals: profitability, excellence and growth.
We are looking for Delivery Drivers with Class 5 or Class 3 to work nightshift out of our Calgary branch who strive for high levels of customer service, teamwork and efficiencies. We take pride in our fill rates, accuracy, and safety records. Following set delivery routes and delivering product orders to retail environments each day with high customer service levels.
Come join our team!
Evening Delivery Truck Driver
- Valid Class 5 (NON GDL) or Class 3 License
- Recent and satisfactory driver abstract (No more than 3 Demerits)
- MUST HAVE Minimum 3 years of recent heavy truck driving experience
- ONLY candidates with recent delivery heavy truck experience can be considered
- 25 years of age or older
- Some Knowledge of Calgary would be an asset
- Criminal Record Check will be conducted upon hiring
- Earn $19 (Class 5) and $20 (Class 3) to start with wage advancement
- Industry leading Benefit & Retirement Plan
- Full time hours with Overtime
- Safe Driving bonus
- Team recognition events
- Team orientated environment
- Individual recognition
- Growth opportunities
- Family owned and operated with a family culture
- Ongoing training
- Open door to provide ideas to improve efficiencies and performance
- 5 ton & Tandem axle truck nightshift direct store delivery
- Shift: Thursday – Sunday 6:30pm – 4:00am
- Fleet contains newer model automatic 5 ton units with power tailgate/railgate
- Will train delivery aspects of the W&C processes
- Accurate counts in loading trucks each day and following set delivery routes to delivery products to retail store environments.
- Building relationships with customers on each route to help their needs.
- Competitive Wages
- Full Time Year-Round Employment
- Night shift roles required
- Physically fit and can lift heavy items (up to 50lbs) occasionally as this job entails delivery to various stores with Dollie/2-wheeler
- Safe, efficient, and productive deliveries and pickups of product as per routes
- High focus on safety
- Perform pre and post trip inspections
- Log book compliance.
- High level of customer service
Job Type: Full-time
- Preferred Delivery experience: 2 years
- Required Truck Driving experience: 3 years
(reference checks will be done to verify)
Required experience: Heavy Truck (5 ton or greater): Minimum 3 years
Required license or certification: Class 5 or Class 3
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 /hour
Required experience: Heavy Truck (5 ton or greater) driving: 3 years
Required license or certification: Class 3 or 5 Drivers License
5445 - 8 Avenue Northeast
Calgary, AB, T2A 5C9